- Go off any contraceptive pills or devices 3 to 6 months prior attempting conception.
3 steps to better health – 1) cleans, 2) nourish and 3) nurture.
- Limit all unnecessary drugs / medications (under doctor’s advice).
- Males should avoid over heating of the testicles, consider wearing loose-fitting clothes and boxer undershorts.
- Consider adopting a pre-conception health program for both sexes 3 to 6 months prior to trying to fall pregnant.
- Eat a good well-balanced diet with more live (raw) organic wholesome foods of various colors where possible. A high-quality multivitamin/mineral supplement designed for reproduction health may be recommended.
- Nutrients of particular importance for Male reproductive health may include: Zinc; Vitamin B12; Vitamin C; Boron; D-Aspartic Acid; Vitamin E; Selenium; L-Carnitine; L-Arginine; Agmatine Sulphate; Glutathione; N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC), Taurine; TriMethylGlycine (TMG); Folate; L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF); DHEA; Creatine; Inosine; Lipoic Acid, Co Enzyme Q 10 and PQQ.
- Herbs and Super Foods particular importance for Male reproductive health may include: Tribulus; Panax and Siberian Ginseng; Damiana; Dodder Seed (Cuscuta); Catuaba (Erythoxylum); Cistanche stem; Tong Kat Ali (Long Jack); Black Ants; Goji Berries; Green Tea; Maritime Pine Bark; Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu, Fo-Ti); Withania; Saw Palmetto; Shilajit (Aspaltum punjabinum); Horny Goat Weed; Maca root; Morinda officinalis; Oats; Pine Pollen, Muira puama; Rhodiola; Shilajit; Shativari; Schisandra; Fenugreek; Essential Fatty Acids – Omega 3 (EPA/DHA) eg Fish Oil; Ghee. Foods to increase: Asparagus, Bananas, Brocolli Sprouts, Dark Chocolate, Dark Green Leafy Veggies, Figs, Garlic, Oysters, Pomegranates, and Walnuts.
- Nutrients of particular importance for Female reproductive health may include: Essential Fatty Acids – Omega 3 (EPA/DHA) eg Fish Oil; Zinc; Vitamin E; Vitamin C; Vitamin D3; Vitamin B complex (esp- NAD+, Niacin, Folate L-5-MTHF, B6 and B12); Vitamin A (low dose); Selenium (low dose); Magnesium; N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC), Melatonin; DHEA; DIM and Iron (if required). Take a quality multistrain broad-spectrum prebiotic and probiotic for microbiome health.
“An avocado a day keeps the endocrinologist away!”
- Herbs and Super Foods of particular importance for Female reproductive health may include: False unicorn root; True unicorn root; Vitex (Chaste Tree); Paeonia; Shativari; Tribulus; Dong Quai; Maca root; Liquorice; Bupleurum; Black Cohosh; Cramp Bark; Black Haw; Eucommia; Raspberry Leaf; Kacip Fatimah (Labisia pumila); Royal Jelly; Chlorella; and Wild Yam.
- If natural conception has not occurred after a full year of timed, unprotected intercourse, consider seeking further advice from your gynaecologist and/or natural therapist regarding tests and treatment options.
- Avoid excessive exposure to STRESS, heavy metals, electro-magnetic fields, chemicals and other pollutants. Stand barefoot on the earth daily.
- Further investigations such as: sperm analysis; blood work of hormone function; ultrasounds; and physical examinations may need to be considered to rule out any underlying medical condition that may be affecting fertility.
Fertility Diet Foods List for Him and Her
Rich in Antioxidants Rich in Folate
- Almond (nut butter and milk) Acai berries
- Apples All Dark Green Leafy Veggies
- Apricots; Argon virgin oil Apples
- Bacon (organic high quality); Bananas Arugula
- Beef Gelatin (grass-fed); Beet root Asparagus
- Black Beans Avocados
- Blueberries (wild – best) Beans – chickpeas, garbanza, kidney, pinto
- Berries – general Blue Cheese (fermented)
- Broccoli / sprouts Broccoli / sprouts; Brussel Sprouts
- Carrots Brown Rice; Button Mushrooms
- Celery Chia / Flaxseeds
- Chocolate, Dark (high quality) cacao Chicken (organic grass-fed)
- Citrus Fruits; Coffee (high quality) Chocolate, Dark (high quality) cacao
- Eggs (organic free range) Cinnamon bark spice
- Fenugreek (spice) Citrus fruits – lemons, limes, oranges
- Figs Coconut organic cream / oil / water
- Garlic CottageCheese
- Ghee (purified Butter) Cranberries (real juice)
- Goji berries Cucumber
- Grapes (eg dark Muscadine); Green tea (Matcha) Dates, Palm
- Nuts – general assorted eg Brazil, Macadamia Eggs (organic free range)
- Fennel seeds Quinao
- Oatmeal Ginger
- Olive oil; Greek Yogart – whole plain (eg lactobaccillus reuteri, rhamosus)
- Onions; Oysters Grapefruit
- Pomegranates (real juice) Guava fruit
- Pumpkin seeds Hemp seed organic raw
- Raisins; Red Peppers Honey
- Salmon (eg wild Alaskan); Sorghum flour Legumes and Lentiles
- Sweet Potatoes Milk- Full Cream grass-fed (small amount)
- Truffles ($); Tomates Nettle, Gynostemma, Rooiboos Teas
- Turkey lean grass-feed Papaya, Parsley, Pinapple,
- Walnuts Raspberries (and leaf tea), Seeds – assorted
- Whey Protein (grass-fed) Salmon (cold water oils fish) wild – best
- Spinach; Sunflower seeds (non-GMO) Salt (the real quality stuff); Yams
Foods to avoid for Both Him and Her
- Alcohol, Commerical low quality Beef Burgers, excess Caffeine, Deli meats, Excess Dairy, Excess Fatty Red Meats, Processed Meats and Snacks, Refined Sugar; Soda (soft drinks), SOY (especially if done know the source may be GMO), Reduce excessive Grains and White Carbs.
- Generally speaking, also avoid most of the sweet tooth items in the middle section of the grocery food store (this will test you will powder).
The UNOFFICIAL IVF Checklist
- Her – Go most of your early adult life trying NOT to fall pregnant.
- Stress for over 10 plus years about pregnancy, confusion and frustration.
- Reach that folk in the road moment – things are not happening; my life plan is NOT going to script. do I turn left, do I go turn right, what if I make the wrong catatrophic choose? What am I going to do?
- Visit OB / GYN (Gyno) yearly, then monthly, then weekly, now your considering getting a sleeping bag to save time and sleep at the clinic (no dignity left); also with several hundred other women in the same situation.
- Constant blood tests – enough blood taken out that would keep Dracula well stocked for the next millennium. Always wanted to know what being a human pin-cushion would be like, now you know! More prodding and probing; more tests. You cringe when the well wishers start putting in their 2 cents worth of advice. We did this, they did that, jump through hoops!
- All your friends seem to be falling pregnant really easily. Even if they only washed their underwear together they somehow get pregnant and multilply faster than Catholic rabbits. Every where you look all you see are babies and happy families – “BLOODY F#@KEN WONDERFUL!”
- Trolling the internet, blog sites, books, looking for answers – get to learn some new big latin words you could have graduated with your own medical degree by now. You feel like your ovaries are withering old prunes and your uterus is a barren wasteland where nothing wants to grow.
- You become totally confused on differing conflicting information. Brain exploding from the overload. Ready for that nervous break down, and the real fun and games hasn’t even started yet. Barely tolerating your partner for not being supportive or involved enough – ‘It’s Only the Biggest Thing in Your Life’! Winning the ‘Bitch of the year’ award from being on all the hormone drugs. Cry, cry, then cry some more. Physically, financial and emotionally drained. Feeling disillusioned, dishearted and losing the optimism and will power to keep moving forward.
- More anxiety, leading up to surgery to have the eggs removed. Thinking constantly of all the variable outcomes that could occur. After crossing all your fingers and toes, hopefully the eggs will be good and you don’t hyper stimulate and get dreadfully sick. Waiting, and more waiting. If all the stars line up properly, the Embryologist may give the embryo /s the thumbs up. Now it’s finally date with destiny time to have your ‘crack at the title’!
- If your lucky, Option A – you get the honour of carrying a child inside you for 9 glorious months to be stretched beyond physical limits and at the end get to experience the joyes delight of squeezing something the size of a watermelon out of something the size of a lemon, if your lucky. or
- Option B – C-Section definition to know what a gutted fish feels like?
- Him – Watch Porn and Masturbate into a cup, job done.