First, do no harm – ‘Primum no nocere’
The Healing Power of Nature – ‘Vis medicate naturae’
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”
– Hippocrates – the father of modern medicine
Naturopathy or ‘Nature Cure” is a system of integrated complimentary medicine that blends the benefits of holistic natural health care and modern medical science to unravel the mysteries of dis-ease (chaos at the atomic cellular level).
Although the term Naturopathic medicine was not used until the late nineteenth century, its philosophical roots date back thousands of years drawing from the ancient traditional healing wisdom of many cultures.
Self-education and prevention are also foundations of Naturopathic medicine; prevention of disease is encouraged through the elimination of toxins and helping to educate you on the principles of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Naturopathic philosophy adopts a common sense, logical and vitalistic (vital force) approach to health problems, recognizing the whole person and not just the physical symptoms. By focusing on the underlying cause or origin of the dis-ease, your body has a far better opportunity to correct and heal itself naturally when giving the right conditions to do so.
Achieving a state of balance or homeostasis is the bodies’ natural state, through slight corrections in cellular nutrition (vitamins, minerals, trace elements, micro and macro nutrients), diet counseling (making better food choices) and additional herbal (botanical) and / or homeopathic supplementation will help to promote the right healing environment and response. Treatments can be coordinated at the structural, biochemical or emotional / psychological levels.
Naturopathy does NOT take a Band-Aid approach to solving health problems by just soothing acute symptoms but rather a much more holistic (all-inclusive) and future protective approach incorporating the workings and current functioning of all the body’s organs and parts.
Tipping the balance back into your favor
Naturopathy empowers and enables you to assume a more pro-active role in your own health care – this alone is powerful medicine.
Naturopathy can be utilized basically in ALL health care situations, in particular, those of a chronic or degenerative nature.
Treatments are extremely safe, effective and can be used to compliment conventional orthodox (Allopathy) medicine. Naturopathy treatments can be tailored to all family members of all ages. Remedies may be prescribed in various forms, some of these may include: pillets, capsules, tablets, teas, powders, alchemy blends, elixir tonics, liquid droplets and concentrate standardized liquid tincture extracts.
Listed below are some examples of ailments that naturopathic therapies have had remarkable success in the prevention and / or alleviation of the condition:
- Anti-Aging, Longevity and Regenerative Wellness Therapies
- Arthritis / Inflammatory disorders – Rheumatism, Fibromyalgia Autoimmune – Thyroid dysfunction,
- Bladder disorders – Urinary tract infections, Mild Incontinence
- Cancer Support; reduce excessive Calcification;
- Cardiovascular Disease – Varicose Veins, Headaches,
- Childhood ailments – ADD, Asperger’s, Food Intolerances
- Chronic Fatigue – Chronic Stress, Adrenal Exhaustion
- Detoxification Imbalances – Liver and Gallbladder Blockages;
- Digestive disturbances - Bloating, Constipation, Indigestion
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Reflux
- Hormone imbalances – Oestrogen dominance, Irregular Periods
- Male Disorders – Low Libido, Prostate Enlargement
- Menopausal symptoms – Hot Flushes, Fibroids, Mood swings
- Menstrual disorders – Infertility, Endometriosis, PCOS and PMS
- Muscular problems – Sports injuries, Cramps, Spasms, Sprains
- Nerve conditions – Mild Depression / Anxiety, Poor Memory
- Neurological – Neuropathies, Multiple Sclerosis
- Respiratory conditions – Asthma, Allergies, Hay fever, Sinusitis
- Skin condition – Acne, Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis
- Sleeping issues – Type 1 and 2 Insomnia, Sleep Apnea
- Poor immune function – Mild Infections, Candida, Parasites
- Weight management – Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes
The list goes on….
The ripple effect that Naturopathic Medicines can have on all aspects of your life is potentially limitless:
- Wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and motivated to purse the challenges of a new day;
- Feel more energetic and vigor to get through the day more efficiently and not arriving home exhausted;
- Have the desire to make better eating and drinking choices and habits; get your Mojo back;
- Be enthusiastic to want to exercise and play sport more;
- Tone up those relaxed muscles and get fit and fabulous;
- Positive Momentum nurtures Success;
- The want to be more socially engaging - reconnect with friends, family, and loved one;
- Interact more with your kids, grand kids or great grand kids;
- If you are thinking about having kids get busy making babies;
- Start new projects or get back to old hobbies you enjoy;
- Have increased adaptability and resilience to stress;
- Have greater Will power to be more confident and adventurous to want to do new and exciting things;
- Gravitate towards your hearts desire;
- Have more zest to go for that promotion;
- Become a Doer and not a Watcher;
- Be inspired so you can also be inspirational to others;
- Slow aging and become more youthful in mind, body and spirit;
- Leave getting old to someone else;
- End feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired;
- Put 100% into everything you choose to do;
- Rediscover FUN - prescribe it to yourself Daily;
- Take control of your Destiny; Embrace Change;
- Live the life you Dreamed of living; Expand your Reality;
- Get Happy; Activate Brilliance; Be Awesome; Go EPIC;
- Life can be far too short so get the most out of every moment;
- Get back to the top of your game and start living and LOVE life again! What your mind can conceive & believe it can achieve;
- Join the revolution and make your mark and contribute to a healthier world now and for future generations to come.
Ask yourself this simple question and it’s NOT a trick:
“What important changes would benefit your life and the life of your loved ones if you could improve the quality of your life”?
The choice is yours - LIVE, LOVE, MATTER...